Some of the main benefits of regular facial massage include reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, helping with lymphatic drainage, and relieving muscle tension, as well as reducing stress and helping you to feel more relaxed overall.
Step by step
Facial Massasge Techniques
- First, apply a facial oil that works for your skin type all over a clean face. The Ritual Oil is a great, nutrient-packed option that comes in two formulations—one for dry and sensitive skin and the other for oily/combo skin.
- Then, in one fluid motion, continue sweeping the fingers under the eyes and outward.Next, bring your fingers over the cheekbones, and sweep outward. Repeat the same motion under the cheekbones.
- Now you'll move onto the forehead. Use the same lightweight sweeping technique, working from the center of the forehead out and using upward motions from the eyebrows to the hairline. You'll want to use your thumbs to perform vertical strokes and keep the rest of your fingers close together for horizontal strokes.
- Next, the chin: Use the sides of each pointer finger to sweep from the bottom lip down to the jawline. Move from the center of the chin outward to the ears.
- After that, use two fingers on each hand to sweep from the center of chin out and up to the ears. One finger should go above the jawline, with the other below.
- Perform light, quick strokes up your neck to the jawline to help lift the skin, then make small, circular movements with your fingertips from the center of your décolletage outward. This will help smooth wrinkles created from sleeping on your side.
We recommend massaging your face daily as part of your regular skincare routine, and incorporating the right facial massage
techniques can be the secret not only to improved radiance but to a firmer, smoother complexion.